Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mattress Shopping

Today was a milestone day for our family. We bought a new twin bed for my almost three year-old son. It gets delivered tomorrow; though we're keeping the crib installed in his room for a while in order to ease the transition. Hopefully, it will go relatively smoothly. I have no doubt that keeping him in bed before he falls asleep each night will be a challenge.

After we got home from the store, I got to thinking. We bought a new bed for our daughter a few years ago, and a new bed for us a couple years before that. But now we likely won't be in the market for a new mattress for another decade or so. I would imagine that this scenario is similar for most families. So how do so many mattress stores stay in business. There are several of them in our area. I just can't imagine that there is enough business to go around. Perhaps I'm wrong - how often do people buy new mattresses?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Interesting post.
    Great job!! You have a nice blog for mattress. I will be back alot~ Good luck with all you do!
    Pocket Spring Mattress in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  2. A firm mattress isn't always the best mattress. It depends on the individual. If you and your partner prefer different firmness levels look for a mattress that can have different firmness levels on each side. Volvo truck mattress

    ReplyDelete